Author Topic: craigb's Perentie FFR and No. 5 Trailer  (Read 6245 times)

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 42
  • REMLR No: 482
Re: craigb's Perentie FFR and No. 5 Trailer
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 01:43:55 PM »
Nice photos Craig - envious of your trip - well done mate

STDDIVER

Offline DetV

• THANKS 13
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 09:08:24 PM »
Loved the kick vents in my HJ45, so will need to install this form of air conditioning in Spence as well.

However, I don't think you will need them in Tassi in July!!
FFR MC2 "Spence" 51-490 , Haulmark 3/4ton 204973
civvy: 98 Prado, 7x4 gal trailer, FRJ1300, MX-5
de VK2KVP

Offline craigb

• THANKS 22
  • REMLR No: 488
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 10:38:57 AM »
Loved the kick vents in my HJ45, so will need to install this form of air conditioning in Spence as well.

However, I don't think you will need them in Tassi in July!!

Hahaha no indeed!

As for the vents, Carzee posted some nice info and pics in the RFSV thread a while back - http://remlr.com/forum/index.php?topic=1213.msg24932#msg24932 and I believe he has fitted the vents to his FFR as well?

I found the correct vents on ebay a while back and they are quite reasonably priced too - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/X2-Small-pop-up-ROOF-AIR-VENTS-Trailer-Canopy-Camper-Horsefloat-Truck-Caravan/361826550801
ARN 49-215 Truck, Utility, Lightweight, FFR, Winch, MC2 "Frankie" -1989
ARN 101-001 Trailer, Cargo, Ton, 2 Wheeled, Aust. No. 5 - 1963

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 42
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2018, 11:01:57 AM »
Good one Criag - even more ideas!  I like the idea of the vents too - I have them on the RFSV and they are excellent -The awnings are a great idea.

Frank 

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 42
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 04:57:44 PM »
Great work Craig - I have a small ex army 1/2 size plastic box I use for keeping things I need quick access to and the dust and insects out.  They fit in rear of the vehicle and are reasonably light but strong enough to put an aluminium plate on top of and use as a small table.  Great photographs too!

Frank

Offline DennisM

• THANKS 244
  • REMLR No: 70
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2018, 06:43:17 PM »
I don't have a 110 military vehicle, but I do own a 1984 110 Isuzu County and I fitted the same vents to my 110 about 23 years ago, one of the best things I added to it cheers Dennis

Offline DennisM

• THANKS 244
  • REMLR No: 70
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 10:37:37 AM »
G'day craigb,
mate I did this job over 25 years ago now so my memory is a little fuzzed on it, I can clearly remember though it was a bit nerve wracking marking out a perfectly good guard then cut a rectangular hole in it, anyway a few images

and open

and a few from the inside showing the distance pieces x 2 that fill in the gap

the distance piece is 1mm aluminium and is screwed to the inner footwell, hope that is of some help, cheers Dennis
ps Land Rovers leak no matter what you do LOL but I can tell you that water doesn't p**s in when driving in heavy rain cheers,,.

Offline Carzee

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 131
  • Perentie FFR 50-257
    • RC's Shed
  • REMLR No: 007
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2018, 07:40:20 AM »
As usual, great photos, especially no 9 in the sun.
I also got a early set of dbl jerry holders from 4x4designs. Have yet to fit them. What primer did you go with?

Offline Dopey

• THANKS 9
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2018, 01:41:58 AM »
G'day Craig, I note with interest your comments about the passenger side dual jerry can holder and the fitment issues that you had...
I also had issues with mine, I didn't end up modifying it for mounting, I've tried it now on 4 different chassis and there is no way to fit it without relatively major modifications that I don't want to have to do.

The other interesting comment of yours is that Jason has refunded half the purchase price for the passenger side jerry can holder....

That hasn't happened for me, nor did I know anything about this refund until reading it here in your comments.
I'll be contacting him (Jason) to request the same refund as the product is obviously faulty.

Jason is well aware of the issues with the fitment of the jerry can holder that I purchased from him as he responded to most of my comments on one of the Facebook pages about his product.

Anyways, enough of my complaining,
Your pics (as always) look good!
With the extra weight at the rear, have you considered installing the D110HD/D130/RFSV/SRV helper springs or airbags inside the rear coils?

Offline craigb

• THANKS 22
  • REMLR No: 488
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2018, 09:06:23 AM »
Once again I have removed most of my posts in this thread since the modifications and activities I'm describing are not really appropriate for a forum devoted solely to the history, restoration and preservation of military vehicles. Thanks to everyone who has participated in the thread, your experience and insights have been priceless and super-helpful. At some stage when I purchase a subscription I'll likely end up posting this sort of material over at AULRO, and if and when I ever get around to returning the 110 to a stock FFR configuration I'll return to this thread.
ARN 49-215 Truck, Utility, Lightweight, FFR, Winch, MC2 "Frankie" -1989
ARN 101-001 Trailer, Cargo, Ton, 2 Wheeled, Aust. No. 5 - 1963