Author Topic: Repair Parts Scale (RPS), Workshop and Operators Handbooks  (Read 9968 times)

Offline Ravvin

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 61
  • REMLR No: 432
Repair Parts Scale (RPS), Workshop and Operators Handbooks
« on: August 13, 2017, 03:45:54 PM »
Hi everyone.

A while back Diana Alan loaned me a stack of original RPS and Operator Handbooks for the Inters and also the Mercedes 4x4 Fire Truck RPS.
The whole lot filled one of those boxes that the reams of blank A4 paper comes in. They were in almost perfect condition, and were far easier to read than the different scanned versions we have in the REMLR library or I have found on the net.
I pulled them all apart and scanned them as high quality Jpeg files, to keep the detail. I tried doing this through the auto sheet feeder, but it just wouldn't keep the pages straight, so I gave up and did them manually.
These manuals were printed as double sided pages, so it took ages.
When finished, I recompiled them as PDF documents. There are 2 versions of each file, one as a High Quality document, and another as a Medium Quality document. You will see the difference in the names.
My reasoning was that people would generally be happy to use the MQ version for every-day use, as they are fairly clear and are a smaller size file, so easier for PC's or tablet devices to work with.
The HQ versions are handy where it is hard to make out a part number or the drawing isn't so easy to understand. You can zoom in a lot closer before it gets grainy. Some of these files are pretty large, but you only have to download them once.
If you want to print a paper copy, I suggest you use the HQ version. Many of the original RPS manuals had a diagram on one side, and the parts breakdown on the facing page. This makes it easier to look up part numbers on things like the engine or transmission, as you don't have to keep scrolling up 10 pages to find the diagram to check a number. You only ever need to go up one page. To keep the file size down on the MQ versions, I took all the extra image pages out, so you only have the one image at the start of each section and have to scroll up more. All of the existing scanned versions are like this, so you won't see any difference, except my copies are clearer. :)

I have also included the sheets that list all of the manufacturer/suppliers that the codes in the RPS refer to, where known. One of the scanned copies mI found on the net has a few pages of codes/names, but they were all mixed up. I put them all in a spreadsheet and sorted them so it's easy to match them up.
I also put a clickable index into each RPS so it's easy to find the section you are looking for. I have set the PDF to open with the index visible, so if you close it, you're on your own to work out how to view it again. :)
For now, I have them all stored on my Onedrive account and will put links to them below. Eventually I will get some hosted web space and move them there. I'll update the links when I do.
Due to the large size of the files, I don't expect REML to host them. Once I get them to their final home, we could put a copy of the link to them in the REML Library, if people think them suitable.

I have included a full copy of the MK3 Workshop manual, with a lot of EMEI's in the back. It is the one from the net that was split into a lot of separate chapters. I just put it back together to make it easier to use.
I've never found a better or newer copy.

If anyone has any other original manuals that aren't listed below, and are ok with me pulling them apart to scan, send me a PM.

Just a tip. Don't left-click the links. Right-click and choose Save As, to save a copy to your PC. A couple of the HQ versions are a bit over 400mb.

F1 & F2 User Handbook HQ

F1 & F2 User Handbook MQ

RPS Truck Cargo 2.5ton GS 4x4 w-Winch MK4 HQ

Ok, looks like I can only post 3 URL links per post.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 03:53:34 PM by Ravvin »

Offline Ravvin

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 61

Offline Ravvin

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 61
Re: Repair Parts Scale (RPS), Workshop and Operators Handbooks
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 03:47:43 PM »
Last 3 links.
Any chance a Moderator could sticky this?

RPS Truck Cargo Medium w-Abbey Crane 6x6 F1 HQ

RPS Truck Cargo Medium w-Abbey Crane 6x6 F1 MQ

International MK3 Service Manual

Let me know if any stop working.

Thanks again to Diana Alan for the loan of her manuals.

Greg.

Offline Ravvin

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 61

Offline Diana Alan

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 108
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 08:30:07 PM »
Thanks Greg for doing all of this, it must have been a whole lot of work.  Its also great that I can keep my good hard copies and print off pages so I can put grubby fingers over the copied pages and not stress about it.  8)
REMLR 240.
Perentie FFR 50-422, SIII FFR 30-146, SIIA GunBuggy 112-726, Mk3 Inter 170-437, ex-SADF SIIB/SIII Radio Relay,
Army Trailers: No5 x 2, W/S x 2, PT1-1.2, Horndraulic ATR dog trailer.
Civilian: MY85 RRc HiLine 4.6, MY51 ex-RACQ 80", MY91 Defender/Reynolds Boughton 6x6, MY12 D4 SDV6

Offline Murray Mk4 Inter

• THANKS 4
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 09:46:37 PM »
Nice job Greg, well done.
Thanks

Cheers Murray

Offline Mick

• Veteran
  • THANKS 176
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 11:08:22 PM »
Greg,

Between working on your F1 and cranking out these manuals - Do you like doing anything easy ? 😂

Awesome job mate.

WELL DONE !

Cheers,

Mick

Offline Chazza

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 98
  • REMLR No: 217
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 08:05:53 AM »
Well done and thank you to both of you!

Cheers Charlie
S2 Command Recce '59
S2A 109" GS '63
S2A Fire Truck '64

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
  • REMLR No: 129
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 05:12:56 PM »
Some of these I did not have online, and I will add to the main REMLR site in time, credited for your work of course.  Great work!
REMLR Webmaster
Eden - 1961 Series 2 Ambulance, 108-098
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Offline Ravvin

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 61
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2019, 12:09:13 PM »
If anyone uses these manuals and spots an error, like a typo or formatting issue in the table of contents down the side, or a missing category heading, please send me a PM so I can fix it.
I found I had somehow added 4 pages the same in the steering column section in the MK4 HQ manual, and expect I've done similar in other places.

Also, if anyone has other original manuals and can part with them for a while, I will scan them and add them to this thread and the REMLR library.

Thanks.