Author Topic: Civilian GVM for Mk3/Mk4  (Read 14780 times)

Offline Acco 4x4

• THANKS 5
Re: Civilian GVM for Mk3/Mk4
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2017, 10:21:04 AM »
Hi again,
I guess it doesn't have to be a "Truck" club as such, more interested in a club with members who have old army trucks and actually drive them once in a while. I would like to get involved in the "Historic Vehicle Log Book Rego" in the future if i find that i don't use the truck enough to justify full rego. Main thing is a club with army trucks etc...

Offline john.k

• THANKS 29
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2017, 01:25:32 PM »
Some states now demand "originality" for the concessional rego.You must have the correct motor.Others say "period correct" is ok.A lot of this is aimed at Harley choppers and bikies.Also at hotrod builders who use vintage vehicle loopholes to put 450 big blocks in 1935 Bedford utes,using nothing original but the pressed metal.The point of this,is that for sivs rego,you are better off in a local vintage car club,because the club inspector doesnt know a great deal about trucks.The club inspector carries a responsibility under the law for members vehicle that he inspects.So a lot go much further than seeing that you arent swapping plates between vehicles at rallies.With sivs plates you escape govt yearly inspections,but the club is supposed to police a similar yearly inspection,without the rollers ,of course.You can still be inspected on the road,with defect notices and fines,which are high for trucks.

Offline Mick_Marsh

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 110
  • REMLR No: 310
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2017, 03:16:15 PM »
Hi again,
I guess it doesn't have to be a "Truck" club as such, more interested in a club with members who have old army trucks and actually drive them once in a while. I would like to get involved in the "Historic Vehicle Log Book Rego" in the future if i find that i don't use the truck enough to justify full rego. Main thing is a club with army trucks etc...
I reckon VMVC is the go, then. There are a few Inter owners there.
Don't know what truck trips they do but you could always run one.
REMLR # 310, MVCA # 364, 101 Club # 2188, MHG #101
29-417 101 GS, 30-248 101 Rapier Tractor. 30-238 101
34-597 Crump & Cornish 1 ton Cargo Trailer
RT21 RAAF Track Tactical Trailer, 234-671 RAAF Track Tactical Trailer

Offline Diana Alan

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 108
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2017, 09:03:55 PM »
Hi again,
You'd need to follow a fuel tanker to get from Toongabbe (Sydney) to Victoria for a VMVC meet!

Australian Military Vehicle Collectors Society (AMVCS) is a NSW/Sydney based military vehicle club with Jeeps, Land Rovers, WC Dodges etc as well as various trucks a lot WWII but some members have post-WWII vehicles.  They have their annual Winter Rally where there is often a truck or two where they head off into the bush for a weekend.  AFAIK Mark Weltner has his 6X6 Blitz on AMVCS Historic and his Mack T Rex with Western Sydney Truck Club (because of the 6-71 GM donk), he is currently on the look out for a Mk3 or Mk4 Inter to buy/restore. Trevor B also AMVCS has a F1. I'm not a member of AMVCS.

Maybe its a job for KVE to do a truck meet so members of all the different clubs can join in, I know that Scott Rough has a Mk4 and 2 Bravo has multiple Inters (Mk3/4/F1/F2/F5), its worth an ask?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 09:21:41 PM by Diana Alan »
REMLR 240.
Perentie FFR 50-422, SIII FFR 30-146, SIIA GunBuggy 112-726, Mk3 Inter 170-437, ex-SADF SIIB/SIII Radio Relay,
Army Trailers: No5 x 2, W/S x 2, PT1-1.2, Horndraulic ATR dog trailer.
Civilian: MY85 RRc HiLine 4.6, MY51 ex-RACQ 80", MY91 Defender/Reynolds Boughton 6x6, MY12 D4 SDV6

Offline Mick_Marsh

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 110
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2017, 09:39:22 PM »
Hi again,
You'd need to follow a fuel tanker to get from Toongabbe (Sydney) to Victoria for a VMVC meet!

Australian Military Vehicle Collectors Society (AMVCS) is a NSW/Sydney based military vehicle club with Jeeps, Land Rovers, WC Dodges etc as well as various trucks a lot WWII but some members have post-WWII vehicles.  They have their annual Winter Rally where there is often a truck or two where they head off into the bush for a weekend.  AFAIK Mark Weltner has his 6X6 Blitz on AMVCS Historic and his Mack T Rex with Western Sydney Truck Club (because of the 6-71 GM donk), he is currently on the look out for a Mk3 or Mk4 Inter to buy/restore. Trevor B also AMVCS has a F1. I'm not a member of AMVCS.

Maybe its a job for KVE to do a truck meet so members of all the different clubs can join in, I know that Scott Rough has a Mk4 and 2 Bravo has multiple Inters (Mk3/4/F1/F2/F5), its worth an ask?
Silly me. I thought he was from Toongabbie, Victoria. Out in Gippsland.

Offline 303Gunner

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 128
  • REMLR No: 128
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2017, 09:53:17 PM »
There is also the Historic Commercial Vehicle Association Inc.. The NSW Association is a bit invisible on the web, but the Vic club has a good website with a forum that often has some great military content. Vic Club site.

Offline Diana Alan

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 108
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2017, 10:32:15 PM »

Silly me. I thought he was from Toongabbie, Victoria. Out in Gippsland.
You may be on the mark if there's a Toongabbie in Gippsland and ACCO 4X4 lives there.  I guess we'll have to see if VMVC or AMVCS meets his needs?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 10:35:20 PM by Diana Alan »
REMLR 240.
Perentie FFR 50-422, SIII FFR 30-146, SIIA GunBuggy 112-726, Mk3 Inter 170-437, ex-SADF SIIB/SIII Radio Relay,
Army Trailers: No5 x 2, W/S x 2, PT1-1.2, Horndraulic ATR dog trailer.
Civilian: MY85 RRc HiLine 4.6, MY51 ex-RACQ 80", MY91 Defender/Reynolds Boughton 6x6, MY12 D4 SDV6

Offline Mick_Marsh

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 110
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2017, 10:49:57 PM »
There is also the Historic Commercial Vehicle Association Inc.. The NSW Association is a bit invisible on the web, but the Vic club has a good website with a forum that often has some great military content. Vic Club site.
Interesting forum to be on but they are predominately on road vehicles. Really nice ones. I went to one of their display days at Sandown. Took lots of pictures. There were some nice machines there. Look out for my pict on their website.

Offline Acco 4x4

• THANKS 5
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2017, 09:05:00 PM »
Hi all,
Thanks so much for your suggestions.... Im in the NSW Toongabbie so unfortunately the Victorian club is a bit far. I was checking out all the leads and the AMVCS looks like it might be a goer! As suggested earlier it would be nice to do a "Haul the Hume" in an Army convoy too.....

Offline Jan Thompson

• THANKS 40
    • Corowa Swim In, KVE Inc
  • REMLR No: 379
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2017, 05:26:47 PM »
I am the Public Relations Officer of the AMVCS and we have a number of 4WD outings coming up. If you would like to send me an email on kveinc@optusnet.com.au I could forward you the most recent newsletter. Next weekend we have an event coming up at the Menangle Steam Museum and on the June long weekend a few of us are going out to Bylong Creek to the Mogfest as they also are wanting ex ADF vehicles. There are a few AMVCS members who live in or near Toongabbie. I could introduce you to a few people who own Internationals and put you in contact with the guys in Victoria who came to Corowa this year.