Author Topic: How to remove the rear jump seat from a Perentie LRSV  (Read 2110 times)

Offline David

• THANKS 19
  • REMLR No: 478
How to remove the rear jump seat from a Perentie LRSV
« on: July 30, 2016, 06:12:07 PM »
I struggled to remove the rear seat from my Perentie RFSV and thought this thread may help any future users remove their rear seats.  There may be better instructions elsewhere but I could not find them.

Step 1
Undo the 4 bolts attaching each seat cross member to the sides of the landrover

Step 2
Attempt to slide the seat and attached 2 cross members out  through the gap at the real of the side boxes and the back of the tray (it seems on some vehicles this is possible, on my 1991 Perentie RFSV it was not possible), it this fails follow step 3

Step 3
Try to remove the 4 mounting bolts from under the cross member at the front of the seat (back of the tray) on my vehicle the heads of the bolts spun making it impossible without removing the seat base if you have the same issue follow step 4

Step 4
The seat base is held onto the seat with three bolts one in the centre under the back of the seat just in front of the cross member and two at the front of the seat just outside of the inner two bolts on the cross member.

Step 5
When the seat base is removed, remove the bolts on the front cross member, turn the seat and remaining cross member sideways and remove the seat.

Photos
Photo 1- shows the underside of the front crossmember on the seat, showing the dark hex bolt head near the inner of the two cross member bolts which may assist you in locating the bolts which I found difficult while in the vehicle

Photo 2 -  shows the undersides of the two cross members and where the mounting bolts sit.  The front of the seat is the crossmember closest to my foot in the photo

Photo 3 - success
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 06:19:42 PM by David »
Land Rover Perentie RFSV 50.417

Offline P6X6

• THANKS 25
  • REMLR No: 445
Re: How to remove the rear jump seat from a Perentie LRSV
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 08:43:42 PM »
That's bloody good of you Dave !! Thanks from all future strugglers 👍🏻
6X6 Air Defence 9/1990 ARN 51867
6X6 Infantry Carrier 11/199 ARN 202238
4X4 RFSV 6/1991 ARN 51673
No.5 half tonne ARN 101525 & PT2-2 11/2001 ARN 203941

Offline wpalmo

• THANKS 6
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 10:46:32 AM »
Thanks David for the images and instructions. Are you intending on licensing your RFSV in the near future? Hope it goes through ok. There is a wealth of experience on the forum from other RFSV owners in WA who have licensed theirs in the the last 12 months. if you need any advice.
Regards Warrick.

Offline David

• THANKS 19
  • REMLR No: 478
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 11:27:45 AM »
I expect to book the first inspection in WA next week.  I don't expect it to pass first go as there are a few minor issues I will get a mechanic to do so I have left them as the first inspection should give me a full list.  It has a small seep of brake fluid from one wheel's brake cylinder, and needs new rubbers on 2 ball joints, I don't have a puller and anyway I recall struggling last time I attempted a ball joint with inadequate tools and knowledge.  The steering isn't flash but I think that could be because I have been driving a new car for too long, and have forgotten how much cars have advanced, my old CF Bedford got licensed and it was hard to keep in a lane, particularly in a crosswind.    Other than that it should fly through (I hope).
Land Rover Perentie RFSV 50.417