Author Topic: 180-971 F1 Crane Truck  (Read 57030 times)

Offline john.k

• THANKS 28
Re: 180-971 F1 Crane Truck
« Reply #330 on: October 01, 2019, 09:40:18 PM »
Good work on the truck.......you shouldnt have trouble with parts for the motor............Kubotas are complicated by all the grey.imports...if you mention any serial no  of a grey import ,you get cut off straight away......they dont like them.....When I was at the sandblasters,we had the same motor on a home made waterblast cleaner......it worked quite well,but starting ...well ,the thing would rip yer bl**dy arm off......Commonest parts they need would be float valve for the carby,and the fuel tap is often attacked by alcohol......never use alcohol E10 fuel......truck too.....the stuff dissolves some alloys used in older fuel pumps and carbys.

Offline Ravvin

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 60
  • REMLR No: 432
« Reply #331 on: October 03, 2019, 09:41:46 AM »
I got a quote back from the Shelter Station place in Molendinar, QLD. Down near Surfers Paradise. The RV Shelter is usually $2800, but are currently on special for $2200. The problem is that they got a quote from Toll and they want $800 to ship it down to the depot in Devonport, where I have to collect it from. A truck wouldn't get into the paddock near where I will be assembling it anyway.

Does anyone have an contacts in the transport industry, or know of a company I could contact for a cheaper quote?
The steel crate it ships in is 2.8m long, 70cm wide, 70cm high and weight 430kg.

It's 8m long by 4m wide and high. 5 year warranty on the cover.

Greg.

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 53
  • REMLR No: 482
« Reply #332 on: October 03, 2019, 03:19:18 PM »
Hi Greg - Same problem - slightly different solution.  I purchased a couple of the domes and attached them to 40' containers.  Gives room enough to work and by cutting a hatch in the side of the container a nearby store and workshop.  This project is nearly finished and I am looking forwards to getting all of the vehicles under cover as soon as I can (Annual Camp etc getting in the way).  PM me and I may be able to assist with an extra cover at a very reasonable price or point you in the right direction to save lots of $.  Love your work and I learn heaps every time you tackle a new part of your project.  I have some inter TAC signs for you too!  Cheers mate

STDDIVER

Offline Ravvin

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 60
  • REMLR No: 432
« Reply #333 on: October 03, 2019, 04:29:36 PM »
Thanks for that. PM sent.

Well, I rang around the local freight places. TNT wanted $1260.  :o
There's a local company here called Tasfreight. Turns out they have depots in most capital cities. They quoted me $500 ex GST, so that is who I will go with if I get approval from the landlord and the council has no issues. Should be ok, as it wouldn't be considered a permanent structure.

I built my rail press yesterday and had a go with it this morning.

In some places I have the jack on top of the rail, but mostly it sits underneath, as in the pic. I spread the pressure out by placing a piece of 1/2" thick flat bar on top of the jack ram and also between the top strap and the rail. These pieces are 2" long, as I found if I go longer, they tend to bend instead of squeezing the rails in. I also cut a section of thick walled pipe to fit inside the chassis rail. This stops the press squeezing the inner rail in.

I was surprised at how easy it was to squeeze them up. It is an 8 tonne jack though. As you can see in the pic, I have to go back over a few places and give them another squeeze, but I don't think I am going to have to weld anywhere near as much as I originally expected.

Greg.

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 53
  • REMLR No: 482
« Reply #334 on: October 03, 2019, 07:30:03 PM »
Great work Greg - Learning alot from you!

STDDIVER   

Offline Chazza

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 85
  • REMLR No: 217
« Reply #335 on: October 04, 2019, 08:24:15 AM »
S2 Command Recce '59
S2A 109" GS '63
S2A Fire Truck '64