Author Topic: 112-655  (Read 7035 times)

Offline DennisM

• Veteran
  • THANKS 256
  • REMLR No: 70
Re: 112-655
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 04:59:37 PM »
Thanks Mick see you later in the week, cheers Dennis Hopefully LOL

Offline DennisM

• Veteran
  • THANKS 256
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 06:12:09 PM »
Many thanks to STDdiver Frank, I had a dry electrical joint in the ignition system, and I needed to buy some wire n bits I had no idea where to get them in Corowa, Frank came along on Wednesday evening after seeing the tell tale bright green strap that held the spare wheel in place, he asked how did the L/R handle it I mentioned that I had this gremlin, "no problems" says he (Frank) see me in the morning and we will hot wire it, I knew what I needed but Frank had a little bit of sophistication to the job with a fancy clip that broke the circuit, 112-655 made it home with no bother other than the driver getting burnt (sun/wind burnt) on Sunday, we were driving through the area where the dust storms were, I arrived home this morning around 1050hrs, many thanks to Frank for his services, rain is forecast here for the next few days but after the weather settles down I will find the cause and fix it, cheers Dennis

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 65
  • REMLR No: 482
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 12:24:39 PM »
Hi Dennis - It was great to meet and chat at Corowa - always happy to help with anything.  I agree the dust and wind was extreme and we (our small convoy) did express our concerns and sympathy for the gun buggy and jeep fraternity travelling through those horrible conditions.  We had our canvas covers come loose on more than a few occasions with the 65 kph gusting winds whlst travelling at speed ( Land rover speed anyway)  Glad to hear you got home safe - cheers mate,  Frank    :)   

Offline DennisM

• Veteran
  • THANKS 256
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 03:17:44 PM »
Well since the Corowa trip 112-655 has sat forlornly under his canvas cover in the driveway until this morning, untarped and remove the dash panel with the view to running a parallel wire from the Ign/switch to the coil, lo n behold the screw holding the wires (on the On side) onto the switch was loose 1.5 turns of the screw to make it tight, I'm no genius but in my book that would have been the root cause of the intermittent fault.
So after tightening it up I started 112-655 and it ran like a clock, but just as an after thought and just in case I did make up another wire and run it in parallel, took it for a run without the extra wire connected no issues at all, but just because it did (LOL) I reconnected the parallel wire.
After lunch I removed the wheels that I borrowed from another one of my fleet and swapped them back over as well as the seat base, I can say that my back and arms are complaining as the wheel/tyre combo's are damn heavy, anyway all back to as it was before Corowa, the only thing left to do is milk the fuel from the left tank to use in other L/R's for the 25th of this month, cheers Dennis :)
ps I forgot to mention that the hot wire that STDDIVER made for me will be carried as a spare part in future in any of the L/R's that still have the original wiring loom, just in case LOL
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 03:19:25 PM by DennisM »

Offline STDDIVER

• REMLR Inc
  • THANKS 65
  • REMLR No: 482
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 05:36:13 PM »
Thanks for the trip report Dennis - great to hear you got home safe - Yes I am working hard to get my vehicles ready for the 25th too - no worries with ex military vehicles where I come from - I MC the event and the involvement of the vehicles is a significant part of the AD event.   Take care mate  -  STDDIVER   --