Author Topic: How To: Look Up Part Numbers  (Read 11619 times)

Offline BadCo.

• THANKS 22
  • REMLR No: 429
How To: Look Up Part Numbers
« on: October 09, 2015, 08:20:40 PM »
A quick and easy guide to finding part numbers for your Perentie (so you don't have to start another part number thread :) )

Step 1:
Go to www.remlr.com/rps.html

Step 2:
Scroll down to the Perentie section and find PUBR001 - Land Rover Perentie 4x4 Combined Parts Book V1.01 - LARGE FILE 18 MB

Step 3:
Right click the link and select 'Save Link As...'
Save it to your desired location.
I highly recommend adding it to your DropBox or Google Drive so it can be accessed anywhere (ie. the garage)

Step 4:
After saving the file open it up and wait for it to fully load.
Once it has fully loaded, hit the keys Ctrl+F and type in your desired part (this may take a few attempts to get the terminology right). Otherwise you can use the contents at the start and browse through the file.

Step 5:
Once you have found the drawing of the group of items you are after, each item will be numbered. Scroll down to the next page and cross reference that number in the table to get your Part Number or NSN. The Part Numbers will be mostly Land Rover numbers, but there are Isuzu numbers thrown in there too. For example, the Oil Filter is 8943212191 which is an Isuzu part number (often written 8-94321219-1).
Sometimes if there are a lot of parts in the group it will be spread over several pages and the drawing will repeat. So it will go, Group Drawing, Items Table, Group Drawing, Items Table etc.

For 6x6 Owners:
Unfortunately there is not a single file for you to download (it would be HUGE). You will have to individually download and save all six files, Sections A through to W.
Once you have them all you can open Section A and on Page 4 is the contents.
The Group Codes refer to the specific Section file. For example, for Suspension part numbers (Section NA) you will need to refer to the third file, titled PUBR002 - Land Rover Perentie 6x6 Combined Parts Book Group E to P - LARGE FILE 9 MB.

Happy hunting,

BadCo.

PS. Let me know if I have missed anything.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:42:21 PM by BadCo. »
1988 Land Rover 110 Perentie Personnel Carryall 48-369
Remlr 429

Offline Hot Rover

• THANKS 98
  • REMLR No: 319
Re: How To: Look Up Part Numbers
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 08:27:47 PM »
Can we make this a sticky so all the newbies don't have to keep asking for part numbers and Juddy might find it useful
Cheers
Rod
108-545 1963 Series 2A FFW
51-441 1991 Perentie GS (RamRod)
Series 2 Safari (Matchbox)
173-621 1/2 Ton Trailer, Aust No5

Offline BadCo.

• THANKS 22
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 08:31:29 PM »
BONUS TIIIIIP!

There is a little trick to searching for something in the REMLR forums through google.

In google type your search then add a space and type site:remlr.com/forum

For example: Stock Shocks and Springs site:remlr.com/forum

Now of course this works for any site, like aulro.com: Stock Perentie Springs site:www.aulro.com
Remlr 429

Offline BadCo.

• THANKS 22
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 08:32:07 PM »
Can we make this a sticky so all the newbies don't have to keep asking for part numbers and Juddy might find it useful
Cheers
Rod

You are too fast haha. I have already seeked Permission from Booger :)
Remlr 429

Offline circlework

• THANKS 24
  • REMLR No: 400
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 06:33:03 PM »

OK, hope I'm not confusing the subject, but ... as a backup to searching the large file 'PUBR001', there are older files, located on the same page, just before you get to 'PUBR001' with the heading '02188 - 110 GS All Variants' sections 1 through 11, that have extra generic part information in them, that is not contained in PUBR001.   For example, let's take the Perentie front/rear wheel bearings, Land Rover PN on both files (PUBR001 and 02188, section 4) is RTC3429.  Want the generic PN?  Keep reading the rest of the info on 02188/4 and we get ... LM603049/LM603011 (inner bearing and outer shell).   Bingo ... the code that any bearing supplier can understand!
Also, I'll hit web sites like LRDirect in the UK (or any other data-based LR parts site for that matter). these sites are a great source of the latest part number info ... punch your part# into the search function and occasionally it will redirect you to the latest part# and indicate stock availability and price.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,  Daryl.

49-181 'the SlugBox' Perentie Survey Hardtop.

Offline BadCo.

• THANKS 22
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 11:32:17 AM »
Hey Circlework, thanks for that bit of info. I wasn't aware there were differences in the files. I figured they were just separate books and someone combined them into one PDF.

Yeah LRDirect are good for finding superseded part numbers, except for any AYG part numbers. They seem to be a JRA only part number as I can never find them locally or from the UK.
Remlr 429