Author Topic: Getting ready  (Read 2392 times)

Offline DennisM

• Veteran
  • THANKS 256
  • REMLR No: 70
Getting ready
« on: April 10, 2015, 04:25:00 PM »
Another day, another task,  ;) Op Rubic's Cube in play to get the S2A 109 Lightweight workshop truck out from the depths of the shed.
It started first hit which it has been doing for the past 5 days, but today was the first road run, the clutch was a bit grabby at first but that eased after a few gear changes (well it has not moved for more than 12 months) the road test was not without it's drama's either, we got about 500 yards down the road and it just rolled to a stop as though it had run out of fuel ????   :-[,  I'm stuck in the middle of an intersection, so frantically turning the starter motor over to move it out of harm's way, when it burst into life, so a quick U turn up over the gutter n lawn of some person and we made it home.
Lifted the bonnet to check electrical connections, fuel in the bowl etc it ran like a clock, it started to make a tapping sound after I had gone up n over the gutter, which at first I thought could have been a water pump bearing, but all it was one of the eight fan blades was touching the shroud, a quick bump with my hand fixed that noise, we went for another drive, it went well no issues, here is an image taken after a quick wash

it is now back in the depths of the shed, where it shall remain until it's needed, cheers Dennis  :)

Offline Marlin

• THANKS 10
Re: Getting ready
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 07:52:27 PM »
They look really good Dennis, thanks for posting the pictures.

Offline Ellard

• REMLR Committee
  • THANKS 74
  • REMLR No: 196
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 07:21:37 AM »

Dennis

You have a remarkable fleet of vehicles......a credit to you buddy.

Wayne
2 x SI 1958 LWB Fire Engine
1 x SII LWB 1961 Angus Firefly
1 x SIIA LWB 1963 Fire Tender (No 5 fire trailer)
1 x 110 48:005 Forward Command Podt

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
  • REMLR No: 129
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 12:07:38 PM »
Looking good!  Damn I hope I can drive the ambulance in the parade next year.  These kind of pics are great motivation!
REMLR Webmaster
Eden - 1961 Series 2 Ambulance, 108-098
1973 Army Moke, 25-764