Author Topic: Marking found on !0 seater 2A  (Read 2655 times)

Offline jcm68

• THANKS 3
Marking found on !0 seater 2A
« on: October 29, 2013, 12:20:26 PM »
Hi all

This is a long shot . I have been stripping down my !0 seater series 2A landrover and in do so have found a marking on the inside rear door . Appears to be a tag from maybe from another unit. in capital letters it has the letters A.Q.F.P.S.P and has what appears to be three cockroachs sprayed around the letters .it has been sprayed on with a spray can over a stencil in black paint. I am having trouble uploading photos but when I work out what going on I will put some up.

John

Offline THE BOOGER

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 148
  • REMLR No: 282
Re: Marking found on !0 seater 2A
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 01:08:50 AM »
So have worked out how to post pics yet
s111 GS, no 5, xt600 & Ferret mk2
Geoff C

Offline stephendavis

• THANKS 44
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 08:45:06 PM »
Hi all

This is a long shot . I have been stripping down my !0 seater series 2A landrover and in do so have found a marking on the inside rear door . Appears to be a tag from maybe from another unit. in capital letters it has the letters A.Q.F.P.S.P and has what appears to be three cockroachs sprayed around the letters .it has been sprayed on with a spray can over a stencil in black paint. I am having trouble uploading photos but when I work out what going on I will put some up.

John
Hi it could be that a rival unit would spray there unit logo on the in side of engine bays and doors and tool bins
I use to do this with a unit I was in years ago with different troops in the squadron. we used the black spy out of the mad magazine
S Davis

Offline 303Gunner

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 128
  • REMLR No: 128
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 11:11:21 PM »
Hi all
 Appears to be a tag from maybe from another unit. in capital letters it has the letters A.Q.F.P.S.P and has what appears to be three cockroachs sprayed around the letters.

John
Hi it could be that a rival unit would spray there unit logo on the in side of engine bays and doors and tool bins
I use to do this with a unit I was in years ago with different troops in the squadron. we used the black spy out of the mad magazine
S Davis
Oh, if it's as easy as that then, the 3 cockroaches give the clue.

It stands for the "Against Queensland Footballers Playing in Sydney Patrol"