Author Topic: Haulmark PT2-2 tandem trailer - provisions to adjust hitch height on drawbar?  (Read 7335 times)

Offline mark2

• THANKS 8
From what I can gather,  these trailers were designed to be towed behind a 6 x 6.   
The pintle ring height appears to be too high for a 110.

However, looking at some photos of these trailers in the current auctions, the pintle  ring and master cylinder assy seems to be pin mounted and it looks like there is a lower set of holes in the drawbar to enable lowering the ring height to suit a 110?   

Can anyone confirm whether this is the case?

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 85
    • REMLR
  • REMLR No: 129
110 and 6x6 are the same height drawbar I thought.  Certainly the same height in suspension terms.  The width of the trailers is one factor, but they have (if I remember) extending indicator arms to widen their appearance when behind the wider 6x6.  I think Diana has some photos of them that way.  I'll check to see if I have them still waiting to go on the trailers page.
REMLR Webmaster
Eden - 1961 Series 2 Ambulance, 108-098

Offline mark2

• THANKS 8
Looking at the PT2 trailers alongside the single axle trailer at the Brisbane auctions, the ring  appeared to be a lot higher on the tandem trailers,  however assuming there are two height positions, the tandems were positioned at the higher setting.  It was only when I got home and looked at more photos that it occurred to me that there may be two height positions on the drawbar,  otherwise I would have looked more closely...

Offline Diana Alan

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 108
The only thing I can assume is that the higher position of the hitch on the PT2 would be that it could be used on a Unimog, however they are signficantly higher than the pintle on the Land Rover (they are even higher than the pintles on the Internationals).

Perhaps its for one of the CL trucks like the Hino or Isuzu?
REMLR 240.
Perentie FFR 50-422, SIII FFR 30-146, SIIA GunBuggy 112-726, Mk3 Inter 170-437, ex-SADF SIIB/SIII Radio Relay,
Army Trailers: No5 x 2, W/S x 2, PT1-1.2, Horndraulic ATR dog trailer.
Civilian: MY85 RRc HiLine 4.6, MY51 ex-RACQ 80", MY91 Defender/Reynolds Boughton 6x6, MY12 D4 SDV6

Offline stephendavis

• THANKS 44
i was towing one last week behind a 6x6

Offline Diana Alan

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 108
i was towing one last week behind a 6x6
Hi Stephen

Did you notice if the lunette/brake MC assembly was in the upper or lower position and did the trailer sit level?

Diana
REMLR 240.
Perentie FFR 50-422, SIII FFR 30-146, SIIA GunBuggy 112-726, Mk3 Inter 170-437, ex-SADF SIIB/SIII Radio Relay,
Army Trailers: No5 x 2, W/S x 2, PT1-1.2, Horndraulic ATR dog trailer.
Civilian: MY85 RRc HiLine 4.6, MY51 ex-RACQ 80", MY91 Defender/Reynolds Boughton 6x6, MY12 D4 SDV6

Offline stephendavis

• THANKS 44
it was in the lower

Offline Ellard

• REMLR Committee
  • THANKS 74
  • REMLR No: 196
Hi there

That one bullet proof trailer - thanks for the pictures

Wayne
2 x SI 1958 LWB Fire Engine
1 x SII LWB 1961 Angus Firefly
1 x SIIA LWB 1963 Fire Tender (No 5 fire trailer)
1 x 110 48:005 Forward Command Podt

Offline stephendavis

• THANKS 44

Aitch

The lower position is for towing behind 6x6 and other vehicles with the same height. The upper holes are used when it is towed behind the unimog, where the pintle hook sits higher.

Offline fex

• THANKS 0
On the lower mount (from memory) they sit at around 550mm off the ground when level.  I have been looking at purchasing one from the Brissy auctions but have been the bridesmade a couple of times  :(  I'll have a look for the notes I took to confirm if  I can find them.  I measured one in the lower mount and one in the higher.

Cheers, Andrew
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 05:03:45 PM by fex »

Offline botoxdr

• THANKS 0
Does anyone have any info as to where to source the camouflage canvas cover & frame to suit the Haulmark 1250kg dual axle trailer?
peter@bakaric.com.au

Offline FFRMAN

• REMLR Committee
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 207
  • REMLR No: 314
Does anyone have any info as to where to source the camouflage canvas cover & frame to suit the Haulmark 1250kg dual axle trailer?
peter@bakaric.com.au

Hi. Try Haulmark themselves. Based in Brisbane. They still manufacture trailers of All types and own their own canvas shop. 

Regards
Lots...............
VMVC 251,

Offline 303Gunner

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 128
  • REMLR No: 128
Crosslinking to a reference on the 2 height positions of the Lunette.

http://remlr.com/forum/index.php?topic=5632.msg55602#new