Author Topic: Registry of Ex Military Landrovers Inc news  (Read 37209 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
  • REMLR No: 129
Registry of Ex Military Landrovers Inc news
« on: May 29, 2012, 01:08:15 PM »
I've started up this thread to disseminate REMLR Inc news to all and sundry. So watch this space for news regarding AGM's and so on.

Meetings from AGM's as well as a list of committee members can be found on the remlr.com website at the below address.

http://www.remlr.com/remlr-inc.html

« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:38:04 PM by Phoenix »
REMLR Webmaster
Eden - 1961 Series 2 Ambulance, 108-098
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
Re: Registry of Ex Military Landrovers Inc news
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 01:09:56 PM »
The bank account for REMLR was set up today finally.  It is a westpac account that is fee free.  Details can be found on the Shop page of REMLR, or the incorporation page of REMLR.

REMLR Webmaster
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Offline THE BOOGER

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 148
  • REMLR No: 282
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 04:21:53 PM »
Thanks Phoenix,
is this one of the things that will get the old forum info avaliable again :) I know there were several things listed at the last agm?
s111 GS, no 5, xt600 & Ferret mk2
Geoff C

Offline Vixen

• THANKS 16
  • If I find a Gunbuggy, I'm giving it to Digger :)
  • REMLR No: I have one......... 213
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 06:12:43 PM »
The bank account for REMLR was set up today finally.  It is a westpac account that is fee free.  Details can be found on the Shop page of REMLR, or the incorporation page of REMLR.

So REMLR has been incorporated for what? 18 months (probably closer to 2 yrs) now, and you've only just set up a bank account? So, this begs the question as to where the membership money that has been paid has gone, have records been kept etc etc etc. I honestly feel Phoenix, that you should fill everyone in on exactly what is going on (or what should have been and hasn't). It just sounds to me like things haven't been done properly, and as result have possibly put REMLR in jeopardy. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way and unless you tell us, we will all just be left drawing our own conclusions........ and what is the problem with explaining to us all just what is going on (it's like pulling teeth ..........  :o)

Offline d@rk51d3

• THANKS 1
  • Terminal Green Disease.
  • REMLR No: 264
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 07:29:30 PM »

So REMLR has been incorporated for what? 18 months (probably closer to 2 yrs) now, and you've only just set up a bank account? So, this begs the question as to where the membership money that has been paid has gone, have records been kept etc etc etc.

I'm 99.99% sure that these details were made available periodically over the last couple of years, on the REMLR forums when hosted by AULRO.
Would be nice though to have (more) regular updates on the financial standings (etc) of REMLR made available.

Something to work towards.  8)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:31:08 PM by d@rk51d3 »
-Reece.

112-752  -  1963 s2A 88" GS

Offline THE BOOGER

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 148
  • REMLR No: 282
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 07:47:30 PM »
A financial statment was presentd at both the AGM,s I was one of those who seen and signed them, there was no problems with the funds but having a separate account will help stop accusations. :-[
s111 GS, no 5, xt600 & Ferret mk2
Geoff C

Tommy

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 08:01:25 PM »

What happens once a registrant has paid his/her $5.00. Does he/she receive a receipt and subscriber confirmation?

I only ask this as I would like to pay my $5.00  :).

Is there any reference on the forum (under the username for example) that indicates whether user is a registrant or subscriber? Where does 'member' come into play now?

Does $5.00 cover all expenses or will this amount need to be increased?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:20:50 PM by Tommy »

Offline The ho hars

• REMLR Committee
  • THANKS 43
  • REMLR Inc. Treasurer
  • REMLR No: 270
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 08:11:48 PM »
Hi everyone,

The new bank account has been set up and will be working properly shortly.

When things pan out I will accept multiple years membership @ $5.00 per year, so 4 years will be  $20.00.

I will officialy put a thread when this happens, I do ask however you send an e-mail to treasurer@remlr.com so I can send a receipt, please put your forum name in your deposit info.

Mrs hh :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:02:40 PM by The ho hars »
78 101 FC 'herc' 30-260; 60  W/shop 'dio' 111-378;

Offline Mick_Marsh

• REMLR Inc
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 110
  • REMLR No: 310
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 08:57:26 PM »
Ya wanna post that again? Just in case we missed it.
REMLR # 310, MVCA # 364, 101 Club # 2188, MHG #101
29-417 101 GS, 30-248 101 Rapier Tractor. 30-238 101
34-597 Crump & Cornish 1 ton Cargo Trailer
RT21 RAAF Track Tactical Trailer, 234-671 RAAF Track Tactical Trailer

Offline hodgo

• THANKS 9
  • SKYPE CONTACT Cliff Hodgson
  • REMLR No: 267
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 07:23:00 AM »
You know what, REMLR Inc. fees are less than I spend on coffee every day of the year, while I believe we do need good governance and transperancy with the books, the $5 we get totalled over the couple of dozen voting members is not a value anyone, and particularly Richard would want to lose a reputation over.

It's good that we have a REMLR bank account, now we need to move on and keep this great resource active and available.

Diana
[/quote

======================================================================

I could not agree more with what you say, love or hate Richard he has far to much to loose for the sake of a few dollars.

Hodgo

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 10:47:32 AM »
So REMLR has been incorporated for what? 18 months (probably closer to 2 yrs) now, and you've only just set up a bank account? So, this begs the question as to where the membership money that has been paid has gone, have records been kept etc etc etc. I honestly feel Phoenix, that you should fill everyone in on exactly what is going on (or what should have been and hasn't). It just sounds to me like things haven't been done properly, and as result have possibly put REMLR in jeopardy. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way and unless you tell us, we will all just be left drawing our own conclusions........ and what is the problem with explaining to us all just what is going on (it's like pulling teeth ..........  :o)

Well that is somewhat out of the blue.  Nobody has complained about the arangements up until now.  REMLR has had it's own bank account for a number of years now.  However the banks initially refused an account in the name of REMLR because we had no legal entity.  Hence why it was in my own name.  I have kept records throughout, and in more fine detail since the incorporateion.  I have presented those records when I have been asked to do so with no hesitation.

This in no way puts REMLR in jepoardy because there was nothing aginst the rules done.  Just as if I had been keeping the cash under my matress, no rules or regulations have been breeched.  Stupid perhaps, but not illegal.

if you want anything explained, just come out and ask.  I understand a few people have grumbles like this, but nobody has bloody bothered asking me, so they haven't got any freaking answers.  I'm sick and tired of the Frecking accusations of whatever.  If you want an answer on any aspect of REMLR, it's history, it's operation, it's finances, then ask instead of worrying or stressing about it.

Think you can do it better, do it your self.  I'll give you the next 500 hours worth of work I have backed up for remlr that needs doing.  And that's just for the next couple lf weeks.  I put a lot of my time into REMLR at the detriment of my family, my projects and my own mental health.  I have always done what is best for REMLR, and for all of those that have spent asignificant ammount of time and effort in researching, gathering and collating the information.

the incorporation of REMLR has been welcome on another front, more people have been more open about coming forward and being able to help on a range of factors so that it is not all in my hands.

Ok, I feel better now, rant over  ;D

also, I put too many numbers on the account details, i'm off to fix that now and update the 2 relevant pages on the REMLR website.
REMLR Webmaster
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Offline Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • THANKS 86
    • REMLR
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 11:02:45 AM »
The bank account details on the REMLR incorporation and shop page have both been rectified now, i had added an extra 2 to the account number, my sincerest apologies.
REMLR Webmaster
1973 Army Moke, 25-764

Cooper

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 12:09:32 PM »
if you want anything explained, just come out and ask.  I understand a few people have grumbles like this, but nobody has bloody bothered asking me, so they haven't got any freaking answers.  I'm sick and tired of the Frecking accusations of whatever.  If you want an answer on any aspect of REMLR, it's history, it's operation, it's finances, then ask instead of worrying or stressing about it.

It seems to me that these questions have been asked already, in fact if you read the first post in the "what's going on?.... thread, at the end of that the question is asked, again. Don't know any history of all this at all, but i have seen various questions asking about the move and as a newbie i have to say that i am perplexed at the lack of explanation to it all.

Offline Vixen

• THANKS 16
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 12:39:59 PM »

Well that is somewhat out of the blue.  Nobody has complained about the arangements up until now.  REMLR has had it's own bank account for a number of years now.  However the banks initially refused an account in the name of REMLR because we had no legal entity.  Hence why it was in my own name.  I have kept records throughout, and in more fine detail since the incorporateion.  I have presented those records when I have been asked to do so with no hesitation.

This in no way puts REMLR in jepoardy because there was nothing aginst the rules done.  Just as if I had been keeping the cash under my matress, no rules or regulations have been breeched.  Stupid perhaps, but not illegal.

Think you can do it better, do it your self.  I'll give you the next 500 hours worth of work I have backed up for remlr that needs doing.  And that's just for the next couple lf weeks.  I put a lot of my time into REMLR at the detriment of my family, my projects and my own mental health.  I have always done what is best for REMLR, and for all of those that have spent asignificant ammount of time and effort in researching, gathering and collating the information.

the incorporation of REMLR has been welcome on another front, more people have been more open about coming forward and being able to help on a range of factors so that it is not all in my hands.

Ok, I feel better now, rant over  ;D

also, I put too many numbers on the account details, i'm off to fix that now and update the 2 relevant pages on the REMLR website.

I would imagine that only you and the committee know what the arrangements actually are...so no one can REALLY complain. I was not complaining, merely asking, as your post regarding the setting up of the bank account was worded in a way to infer that it didn't actually have it's own bank account, or any bank account come to that.

The bank account for REMLR was set up today finally.

Offline Vixen

• THANKS 16
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 12:44:16 PM »
And now I am going to ask, merely because I want to know.....

WHY, EXACTLY, did Inc have a dummy spit and pull REMLR off AULRO?

I have heard a few rumours, and it would be nice to simply know the truth. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wishes to know.